Thursday, September 27, 2007

Over in the Ocean: In a Coral Reef


Over in the Ocean: In a Coral Reef by Marianne Berkes

Whenever we go on vacation or out of town I always buy a new children's book. When we went to Chicago for our "Mini-Moon" I bought a penguin book from the Shedd Aquarium. When we went to St. Louis I got an elephant book from the zoo. When we went to Holland for Father's Day last year I bought a book written by a local artist about a daddy reading to his son before bedtime, etc. etc...... I always try to pick up a book to remember the trip by. And on the inside cover I write the place of the trip, date and occasion (if any).

I bought this book when we were in Key West in 2005. I *LOVE* this book. The book is based on the children's rhyme "Over in the Meadow" and the pictures are AMAZING. Each page's picture is made out of polymer clay. Intricate details and absolutely beautiful.

And, while looking the book up on Amazon.com, I noticed she had another book to the same song... Over in the Jungle. I'll definitely be adding that one to my library.



4 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Thats a cute idea to write inside the book of where you got it on vacation!!

Mary said...

Nicole, I LOVE the picture at the top of this blog! It is absolutely adorable!! I love buying books for my son too! I always love hearing about new books that we haven't come across yet so I look forward to checking this blog for new ideas!

Amy said...

I wish my boys were younger, because I would love to hear about different books. I will have to check in now and again for my nephew who I watch every day.

Andrea S. said...

I got this book from the library this week to read to Ayla. I don't know the tune to the song, but the rhyme is fun and the illustrations are unbelievable! I'll have to spend some time really looking at it myself to really appreciate it (she turns the pages too fast!). Thanks for the recommendation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...