Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Goodnight Moon


Since this blog is named after this book, I think it is only fitting to have the first book posted about be Goodnight Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown.

I honestly don't see what is so special about this book, what children LOVE about this book. Basically, its a rundown of some odd items in a rabbits bedroom. However, my son loves it, and maybe there is something comforting about the little bedtime story. He loves to repeat the items as we go, and his favorite part is "And the quiet old lady whispering hush" to which he always says "Hushhh".

2 comments:

heather said...

I've always wondered what was so great about this book too! Why on earth is this a children's favorite? Lousy illustrations and a completely random list of things in the room...

I think it's the repetition and then good night that kids like. I've thought about making up my own book; like a little photo album with stuff from our own house... to make it a little more interesting because I hate reading that boring book over and over and over! LOL!

Zoe said...

This book never gets old. I still have mu copy from when I was a little girl. It was the only thing my birth father ever gave me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...